The Crown Chakra
Finally, we have the Crown Chakra the 7th Chakra – This Chakra governs our spiritual connection and allows us to process and channel our interaction with the Divine/Universe and how we think, react and respond to the world. Its Sanskrit name is Sahasrara which means “A Thousand Petals”. It’s located on the top of your head where your soul exists, the body (the body exists within the soul) and time of death and through this chakra, you connect with the cosmos/Universe when you meditate. This chakra hasn’t got the same connection as the 3rd Eye Chakra which is about seeing with your inner eye. This chakra is related to your sense of knowing and understanding. This Chakra has the ability to bring us bliss and allow us to understand the true nature of reality.
Its colour is Violet or sometimes it’s seen as White or Gold. Its element is Thought and Light and it radiates down in-between the physical eyes then extends indefinitely upwards and outwards connecting you to the energy of the Universe.
Colour: Violet, White or Gold
Element: Thought and Light
Body Parts associated with the Crown Chakra: Pituitary Gland, Pineal Gland, Brain and Nervous System.
- Light Sensitivity
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
- Light Headedness
- Feeling Lost
The Crown Chakra affects the health of your brain and our mental, physical and spiritual health.
Signs when the Crown Chakra is Underactive:
When the Crown is underactive is affects your whole well-being and hinders your ability to let go of materialistic needs
- Lack of Inspiration
- Have Mental Fog
Signs when The Crown Chakra is Overactive:
It distributes too much energy and works overtime and goes out of balance. You might feel disconnected and it will affect your overall well-being as you are not connected to your physical body and what is going on around you.
- Make you think you are Superior and have a sense of Elitism
- Lack Empathy
- Criminal Tendencies
- Suffer with Manic Depression
Signs when The Crown Chakra is Balanced:
- Interested in spiritual growth
- You see beauty and Divinity in all things
- You are able to experience unity with everyone and nature
- Aware of your life purpose
- Not concerned of what other people think of you
- Comfortable with spending time alone
- Brings your consciousness to a higher level allowing your awareness to be transcendent
- Gives you the ability to have the upmost clarity and enlightened wisdom
- You have feeling of serenity, joy and a deep sense of peace about life
Childhood Trauma that has an impact:
- Disconnection to your spiritual self
- Closed minded
- Unexplained anger
- Disconnection with your physical body and inner-self
- Obsessively attached to spiritual matters of others instead of tending to your own needs
How to Rebalance:
- Letting go of the ego – The Ego and Self-confidence are two different things. Ego is fuelled by insecurity whereas self-confidence comes from acceptance and true knowledge of yourself.
- Being Helpful to others – It will strengthen your connection to your world
- Choosing Love – You can’t fully love someone until you fully learn to love yourself for who you truly are. It’s the first step to accepting others.
- Yoga – Very beneficial for the Crown Chakra because of medative aspect. Slow practice on the breath is very good
- Aromatherapy – Flowery essential oils like Lavender, Rose and Jasmine soothes an overactive crown chakra
- Crystals – Amethyst, Lepidolite, Clear Quartz, Sugilite, Moonstone, Selenite, Herkimer Diamond, Charoite, Howlite
- Spend time in the sun – this chakra is related to light and thought so spending time in the sun unblocks and rebalances.
- Reiki – Reiki is a beautiful and loving way to bring back balance, also crystal healing and Indian Head massage are very good also
- Chanting the Seed sound AUM or OM
Being spiritual requires an open mind to knowing who you really are. Your Higher self is to be experienced, not defined and something you come to love, know and trust. Your Higher Self asks you to expand your limited version of your personality to a higher dimension of awareness where you are a part of divine consciousness. It’s about penetrating the illusions of limitations that we have been fed by society, organised religions and our own negativity about our own worth.
When you come to realise that the Divine lives within you, there is nothing to do but celebrate your life by honouring what is good, loving, trustworthy, truthful and beautiful.